FAQs: ESubmission

Select a frequently asked question category on the left or search for a FAQ using the "Search this Site" box above.


  • How do I pay the civil case filing fee and docket the receipt on CM/ECF for an e-submission case?

    Log into to ecf and docket the event “Civil Case Filing Fee”, it is located under Civil - Other Documents. You will prompted to pay case filing fee by credit card via pay.gov.

    During the filing of the fee, please avoid navigating the site using your browsers Back Button, this may lead to incomplete data being transmitted and pages being loaded incorrectly. Please use the links whenever possible.

    After the payment has been processed you will return to the ecf filing screen to complete your filing.

    If you are not returned to complete the ecf filing, you did something wrong and need to contact the court.

  • I am filing pro se but I am also an attorney, can I still use the new case online submission form?

    No, it is only available for counseled cases at this time.