Administrative Order 2020-22 specifies a screening process that all persons must follow when entering any Courthouse in the Eastern District of New York. The process includes answering screening questions about COVID-19 status and possible recent COVID-19 exposure. If a visitor passes the questions there will also be a screening for high temperature. You MUST have your temperature taken before entering and you CANNOT have your temperature taken without completing and passing the health screening questions.
Before visiting any of the courthouses in the Eastern District, you can register and take the questionnaire at the following URL (or by scanning the QR-Code at the bottom of the page in your phone). Once registered, you will only have to enter your email or phone number (for text messages) and can skip the registration process:
Once registered, the process is simple, though it may take some getting used to:
Complete the questionnaire prior to entering the building.
- DO NOT COME TO THE COURTHOUSE IF YOU ANSWER "YES" TO ANY QUESTION.
- If cleared, you will receive a link to a QR code by SMS text or e-mail.
- When you arrive at the courthouse, open that link to access a web page on your phone with a QR code.
- Scan that QR code at the thermal scanner to enable your temperature scan.
- If cleared, proceed to security screening.
- Otherwise, follow the directions set forth in the Administrative Order:
- If you are represented by an attorney, contact your attorney;
- If you are an attorney or a pro se party, and you are scheduled to appear in court before a judge, contact that chambers directly (contact information may be found in the judges’ Individual Practices or by calling the Clerk’s Office);
- For District Court matters, contact the Clerk of Court at (718) 613-2270 in Brooklyn, or (631) 712-6000 in Central Islip;
- If you are scheduled to meet with a Pretrial Services officer or a Probation Department Officer, contact the appropriate office or officer;
- If you are a juror, contact the Jury Department at (718) 613-2376 in Brooklyn, or (631) 712-6088;
- For Bankruptcy Court matters, consult the website of the Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York at www.nyeb.uscourts.gov; and
- For any matter not listed here, call your agency contact or the Clerk of Court at the numbers listed above.