Request to Enter Default Judgment

Steps for e‐filing a Motion for Default Judgment

The entry of a certificate or notation of default by the Clerk of Court precedes the issuance of a default judgment. To obtain entry of a certificate of default, file a Request for Certificate of Default, (Request for Certificate of Default is located on ECF under the heading “Other Filings ‐ Other Documents”), supported by an affidavit or affirmation. See Fed. R. Civ. P. 55(a); Local Civil Rule 55.1. Once the Clerk has entered a certificate of default, a motion for default judgment may be filed using the Motions event, Default Judgment. See Fed. R. Civ. P. 55(b); Local Civil Rule 55.2.

General Forms