Online System for Clerkship Application and Review (OSCAR)
- FY23-07 Bankruptcy Court College Intern
- 22-18 Court Reporter
- 2023 Announcement Habeas - Social Security Clerkship BK
- 23-01 Jury Clerk
- 23-02 Courtroom Technology Specialist
- 23-03 Jury Clerk CI
- 23-04 Case Processing Clerk BK
- 23-05 Case Processing Clerk CI
- 23-06 Information Technology Technician
- 23-07 Case Processing Clerk CI
- 23-08 Pro Se Paralegal CI
- 23-10 ADR Clerk
- Background Information and Authorization Form
- Benefit Overview Brochure
- Equal Employment Opportunity and Employment Dispute Resolution Plan
- Federal Employees Retirement System Booklet
- Internet Use Policy
- IT Security Awareness Training Resources
- Social Media Policy
How to Apply for A Position at the U.S. District Court
If you are interested in applying for a position with the Clerk's Office or chambers (except law clerks) in Brooklyn or Central Islip, you must submit a cover letter with the title, vacancy number and location of the position you are applying for, an Application for Federal Judicial Employment and a current resume. Applicants can apply for positions in the Clerk's Office by clicking on the applicable vacancy on the left side of the page.
To apply for a position in chambers as a law clerk, you must apply directly with the judge of your choice by applying online through the Online System for Clerkship Application and Review (OSCAR) or by mail as noted on the law clerk vacancy. The Federal Judiciary offers a generous benefits package for career employees. Information on what we offer can be viewed here.
To be a part of the U.S. District Court Team, you must be a U.S. citizen or a non-citizen eligible to work in the United States as allowed by statute (5 U.S.C. § 3101). You must also be at least 18 years of age to apply.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted directly for personal interviews.
Thank you for your interest in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. EOE.