- Court Weather or Emergency Operations Updates: (866) 752-7362
- Attorney Lounges
- Judicial Seminars Disclosure
Judicial Conduct and Disability
- AO's Educational Resources
- AO’s Media information
- AO's Court Statistics
FJC Educational progams and materials
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Judiciary Staff Travel Regulations
- United States Courts Rules and Policies
- Post Judgment Interest Rates
Welcome to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. The Eastern District has 26 Article III Judges and 16 Magistrate Judges. The district comprises the counties of Kings, Nassau, Queens, Richmond, and Suffolk and concurrently with the Southern District, the waters within the counties of Bronx and New York. The Eastern District has a population of eight million people.
ALL VISITORS TO THE COURT: Please follow this link for guidelines for entry following the restrictions put into place by Administrative Order 2020-22.In response to the recent disclosure of widespread cybersecurity breaches of both private sector and government computer systems, federal courts are immediately adding new security procedures to protect highly sensitive confidential documents (HSDs) filed with the courts. On 2/4/2021, Chief Judge Brodie issued Administrative Order 2021-02, detailing the procedures to follow when filing HSDs in the Eastern District of New York.For more information, visit www.uscourts.gov.
ALL VISITORS TO THE COURT: Please follow this link for guidelines for entry following the restrictions put into place by Administrative Order 2020-22.
IN RE: CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 PANDEMIC
The Health and Safety Protocols for Courthouses in the Eastern District of New York are available here ( Effective June 17, 2021 )
Two Administrative Orders related to COVID-19:
- Administrative Order 2021-04-09 Twelfth Amendment of Administrative Order 2020-26 and Further Temporarily Suspending Some In-Person Proceedings (November 29, 2021)
- Administrative Order 2021-05-02 Sixth Authorization to Continue the Use of Videoconferencing or Teleconferencing in Criminal Matters (September 18, 2021)
All Administrative Orders related to the COVID-19 outbreak and all detention facility reports filed pursuant to Administrative Order 2020-14 can be accessed on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information page, here.
Notice to the Bar: As of July 22, 2021, requests for Certificates of Good Standing may be made in person in the Clerk’s Office or on CM/ECF following these instructions.
Notice to the public regarding fraudulent documents and advanced fee scams using the name of this Court and forged documents purported to be from its judges. Please see this page.
Public Notice New Magistrate Judge for New Haven 10-2021 & Application