- Court Weather or Emergency Operations Updates: (866) 752-7362
- Attorney Lounges
- Guide to Judiciary Policy Conflicts Screening Requirements
- Judicial Seminars Disclosure
- Judicial Conduct and Disability
- AO's Educational Resources
- AO’s Media information
- AO's Court Statistics
- FJC Educational programs and materials
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Judiciary Staff Travel Regulations
- United States Courts Rules and Policies
- Post Judgment Interest Rates
Welcome to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. The Eastern District has 27 Article III Judges and 17 Magistrate Judges. The district comprises the counties of Kings, Nassau, Queens, Richmond, and Suffolk and concurrently with the Southern District, the waters within the counties of Bronx and New York. The Eastern District has a population of eight million people.
NOTICE TO ALL CM/ECF FILERS: The CM/ECF server was down from 6:30pm on August 12, 2022 to noon on August 14, 2022 due to a necessary upgrade. If you tried to file between 6:00pm and 8:00pm on Friday, August 12, 2022, please confirm in PACER that your submission was correctly filed. If the filing does not appear, please contact the Court at 718-613-2610 or 631-712-6010. Date of Notice, August 15, 2022, Brenna B. Mahoney, Clerk of Court.
ALL VISITORS TO THE COURT: Please follow this link for guidelines for entry following the restrictions put into place by Administrative Order 2020-22.In response to the recent disclosure of widespread cybersecurity breaches of both private sector and government computer systems, federal courts are immediately adding new security procedures to protect highly sensitive confidential documents (HSDs) filed with the courts. On 2/4/2021, Chief Judge Brodie issued Administrative Order 2021-02, detailing the procedures to follow when filing HSDs in the Eastern District of New York.For more information, visit www.uscourts.gov.
ALL VISITORS TO THE COURT: Please follow this link for guidelines for entry following the restrictions put into place by Administrative Order 2020-22.
IN RE: CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 PANDEMIC
The Health and Safety Protocols for Courthouses in the Eastern District of New York are available here ( Effective March 3, 2022 )
Two Administrative Orders related to COVID-19:
- Administrative Order 2022-16 Twentieth Amendment of Administrative Order 2020-26 and Further Temporarily Suspending Some In-Person Proceedings (June 30, 2022)
- Administrative Order 2022-11 Ninth Authorization to Continue the Use of Videoconferencing or Teleconferencing in Criminal Matters (June 14, 2022)
All Administrative Orders related to the COVID-19 outbreak and all detention facility reports filed pursuant to Administrative Order 2020-14 can be accessed on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information page, here.
Press Release and Public Notices dated July 13, 2022: Chief Judge Brodie announced today that the Judges of the Eastern District of New York have appointed a Merit Selection Panel to consider candidates for a United States Magistrate Judge vacancy in Brooklyn, New York and to consider reappointment of U.S. Magistrate Judge Anne Y. Shields and U.S. Magistrate Judge Peggy Kuo. Please see Administrative Order 2022-14 and notices here.
Notice to the Bar regarding Fed. R. Civ. P. 7.1
Notice to the public regarding fraudulent documents and advanced fee scams using the name of this Court and forged documents purported to be from its judges. Please see this page.
IMPORTANT NOTICE to Jurors: If you have received a Juror Qualification Questionnaire and receive an error accessing the link provided on the questionnaire, please access eJuror here: www.nyed.uscourts.gov/ejuror