- Court Weather or Emergency Operations Updates: (866) 752-7362
- Filing Emergency Applications After Business Hours
- Attorney Lounges
- Guide to Judiciary Policy Conflicts Screening Requirements
- Judicial Seminars Disclosure
- Judicial Conduct and Disability
- AO's Educational Resources
- AO’s Media information
- AO's Court Statistics
- FJC Educational programs and materials
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Judiciary Staff Travel Regulations
- United States Courts Rules and Policies
- Post Judgment Interest Rates
Welcome to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. The Eastern District has 27 Article III Judges and 16 Magistrate Judges. The district comprises the counties of Kings, Nassau, Queens, Richmond, and Suffolk and concurrently with the Southern District, the waters within the counties of Bronx and New York. The Eastern District has a population of eight million people.
NOTICE: NOTICE: The Brooklyn and Central Islip Clerk’s offices will close at 3:00 P.M. on Wednesday, June 7, 2023 due to the hazardous air quality conditions.
ALL VISITORS TO THE COURT:
Please follow this link for guidelines for entry to the Courthouses of the Eastern District of New York put into place by Administrative Order 2022-22.
IN RE: CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 PANDEMIC
The Health and Safety Protocols for Courthouses in the Eastern District of New York are available here ( Effective October 7, 2022 )
All Administrative Orders related to the COVID-19 outbreak and all detention facility reports filed pursuant to Administrative Order 2020-14 can be accessed on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information page, here.
Two Administrative Orders related to COVID-19:
- Administrative Order 2022-19 Twenty-First Amendment of Administrative Order 2020-26 and Further Temporarily Suspending Some In-Person Proceedings (August 31, 2022)
- Administrative Order 2022-26 Eleventh Authorization to Continue the Use of Videoconferencing or Teleconferencing in Criminal Matters (December 12, 2022)
The EDNY Plan for Resumption of Jury Trials has been published and is available here.
Notice: Under the Rules Enabling Act, 28 U.S.C. §§ 2071-75, the following amended and new rules and forms became effective on December 1, 2022.
Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure: Rules 25 and 42
Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure: Rules 1007, 1020, 2009, 2012, 2015, 3002, 3010, 3011, 3014, 3016, 3017.1, 3018, 3019, 5005, 5004, and 8023, new Rule 3017.2, and Official Forms 101, 309E1, and 309E2
Federal Rules of Civil Procedure: Rule 7.1 and new Supplemental Rules for Social Security Review Actions Under 42 U.S.C. § 405(g)
Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure: Rule 16
See https://www.uscourts.gov/rules-policies/current-rules-practice-procedure for the text of the amended rules and accompanying committee notes effective December 1, 2022.
Judge Johnson Press Release
Press Release and Public Notice dated April 4, 2023: Chief Judge Margo K. Brodie announced today that the Judges of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York have appointed a Merit Selection Panel to candidates for an anticipated United States Magistrate Judge vacancy in Brooklyn, New York, for an eight (8)-year term. The vacancy will be created by the anticipated elevation of U.S. Magistrate Judge Ramon E. Reyes to United States District Judge. Please see Administrative Order 2023-12 and notice here.
Notice to the Bar: Please be reminded that the deadline for submission of new applications for appointment to the Criminal Justice Act Panel of attorneys is September 16, 2022. Application forms are available here. The deadline for submission of applications for reappointment to the Panel is September 23, 2022. Re-application forms are available here.
Notice to the Bar regarding Fed. R. Civ. P. 7.1
Notice to the public regarding fraudulent documents and advanced fee scams using the name of this Court and forged documents purported to be from its judges. Please see this page.
225 Cadman Plaza East
Brooklyn, NY 11201
100 Federal Plaza
Central Islip, NY 11722
Other Court Links
- EDNY Ops Twitter Feed (Operational Notices - Closing, Rules, etc)
- EDNY Case Twitter Feed (Complaints/Orders/Judgments/Rules)
- EDNY CM/ECF RSS Feed
- Facebook(link is external)
- CM/ECF Court Information
- Bankruptcy Court
- Pretrial Services
- 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals
- More Second Circuit Courts....
- NY1 Profile and Tour of the Eastern District of New York (video)
- Central Violations Bureau
- U.S. Attorneys Office
- Federal Defenders
- U.S. Marshals Service
- Federal Court Finder