NOTICE TO THE BAR
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dated: September 15, 2023
The deadline for submission of new applications to the Eastern District of New York’s CJA Panel has been extended to October 6, 2023.
The Court is committed to diversity and inclusiveness as core tenets of our mission and encourages highly qualified and experienced criminal defense attorneys who reflect the diversity of the community in terms of culture, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age to apply for membership on the CJA Panel. Applications may be submitted for assignment to the Brooklyn or Central Islip panels, or both. The Committee is also seeking applications from practitioners whose experience is uniquely suited to handling petitions for post-conviction relief. Assignments to the Panel will be for a three-year period, beginning January 1, 2024.
All applications must adhere to the following:
- Sealed filings must not be submitted as writing samples. Sealed filings will not be reviewed by the Committee.
- The application form and all accompanying documents must be combined and submitted as one flattened PDF file, named as LastName.FirstName.2023CJAApplication.
- Please proofread the PDF before submission to ensure that all required information is included and legible.
Application forms are available on the Court's website at:
New applications, along with all supporting documents must be submitted in one flattened PDF file, no later than October 6, 2023, by uploading here:
Applications forms for reappointment are available on the Court’s website at:
Applications for reappointment, along with all supporting documents, must be submitted in one flattened PDF file, no later than September 22, 2023, by uploading here:
Please contact Brenna B. Mahoney, Clerk of Court, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you experience difficulty uploading an application.
CJA Panel Attorneys - CJA Panel Attorneys will need only one PACER account for filing and viewing in NextGen.
If you have a separate exempt CJA account now, those exempt privileges will need to be added to your individual upgraded PACER account.
- Upgrading Your Pacer Account
- CJA Navigating from NextGen to CurrentGen CM/ECF
- NextGen Activating CJA Privileges