- Court Weather or Emergency Operations Updates: (866) 752-7362
- Attorney Lounges
- Judicial Seminars Disclosure
Judicial Conduct and Disability
- AO's Educational Resources
- AO’s Media information
- AO's Court Statistics
FJC Educational progams and materials
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Judiciary Staff Travel Regulations
- United States Courts Rules and Policies
- Post Judgment Interest Rates
Welcome to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. The Eastern District has 27 Article III Judges and 15 Magistrate Judges. The district comprises the counties of Kings, Nassau, Queens, Richmond, and Suffolk and concurrently with the Southern District, the waters within the counties of Bronx and New York. The Eastern District has a population of eight million people.
WEATHER ADISORY Tropical Storm Isaias: Only essential personnel should travel to the courthouses today.
The Court remains open for minimal activity due to COVID-19 restrictions and the inclement weather.
IN RE: CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 PANDEMIC
July 1, 2020: Two Administrative Orders were entered:
- Administrative Order 2020-20-1 - Amending Administrative Order 2020-20 to Further Exclude Time Under The Speedy Trial Act for the Filing of Indictments Until July 13, 2020.
- Administrative Order 2020-21 - In the Matter of the Reappointment of VERA M. SCANLON as United States Magistrate Judge for an additional 8-year term.
All Administrative Orders related to the COVID-19 outbreak and all detention facility reports filed pursuant to Administrative Order 2020-14 can be accessed on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information page, here.
The Clerk's Office in both Brooklyn, NY, and Central Islip, NY, will only accept paper filings in the drop box in the lobby of the courthouse. Attorneys filing with this court are strongly encouraged to file electronically. Paper filings may be delayed.
***Please be advised Version 1.5 of CM/ECF will be installed and configured in the live database starting on Friday, September 4 at 6:00pm.
CM/ECF will be unavailable from 6PM on Friday, September 4th through 6PM on Saturday, September 5th. ***
Notice to the Bar: All requests for Certificates of Good Standing must be made in CM/ECF. See these instructions.