Frequently Asked Questions
Select a frequently asked question category on the left or search for a FAQ using the "Search this Site" box above.
I need to request a transcript for a court reporter that is not listed, who do I contact?
Please contact ESR
Brooklyn (718) 613-2590
Central Islip (631) 712-6015
I am already admitted to practice in the Southern District of New York - What do I need to do to practice in the Eastern District?
You need to appear in person with a Certificate of Good Standing (valid for 30 days) and pay the one time fee of $196.00. You will receive a wall certificate on the day that you take the oath and sign the Attorney Roll.
Will my CM/ECF login for NYE District Court work in NYE Bankruptcy Court?
No. You must register with NYE Bankruptcy court.
I scanned a pdf and filed it in ecf and now I get an "Out of Memory error" message, how do I correct this?
Try rescanning the document using a different software package to create the PDF. If the pdf was originally created using a word processor, all you need to do is print to pdf. Once the pdf has been rescanned, contact the clerks office at (718-613-2610 for Brooklyn) or (631-712-6010 for Central Islip) and ask that the pdf be replaced.
What settings should I have set for Internet Explorer?
Open IE, (7 or 8), click on General Tab
Under Browsing History
check off (Delete browsing History on exit)
click on (Settings)
select (Everytime I visit the webpage)
click on (Delete)
Temporary Internet Files
Close all sessions of IE.
What privacy settings should I have set for Mozilla?
Open Mozilla 15.x), click on Tools - Options- Privacy
Select (Use custom setting for history)
Remember my browsing history
Remember download history
Remember search and form history
Select ( Accept cookies from sites)
Accept third-party cookies
select Keep until (I close firefox)
Select (Clear history when firefox closes)
Click on (Settings) button
Under History check off:
Form & Search History
Close all sessions of Mozilla
How do I Delete the Contents of the Temporary Internet Files Folder in Internet Explorer?
Please refer to Microsoft Support Article ID 260897
How do I delete cookie files in Internet Explorer?
Please refer to Microsoft Support Article ID 278835
How do I Prevent Hotmail/Windows Live From Filtering Notices Of Electronic Filing From Your E-Mail Account
1. Select Contacts from the Hotmail navigation bar.
2. Follow the Safe List link.
3. Type "nyed.uscourts.gov" in the Safe List entry field.
4. Click "Add".
5. The new entry should now appear on the Safe List
I am having problems with ECF NEFs and my Yahoo account.
1. Login to Yahoo Mail.
2. Click on "Mail Options" on the right hand side of your screen.
3. Click on "Filters" at the lower left hand side of screen.
4. Click the “Add” Button.
5. Assign a Filter Name - (e.g., NYED ECF)
6. Underneath the heading "if all of the following rules are true..." go to the top row labeled "FROM header." Next to this you will see a drop down menu. Make sure to select "contains", then simply type “nyed.uscourts.gov” into the box provided.
7. At the bottom, where it says "Move the message to:", select "Inbox" from the drop-down menu.
8. Click the "Add Filter" button at the bottom to add this filter.