Frequently Asked Questions
Select a frequently asked question category on the left or search for a FAQ using the "Search this Site" box above.
Are stipulations emailed to NYED, as they are in NYSD?
No, filings for NYED cases are made via CM/ECF. The clerks office does not accept emailed filings.
I tried to reset my password, but I have not received an email, how can I resolve this?
There can be several causes:
- Ensure that the cm/ecf login id is entered correctly, it is case sensitive.
- If you are locked out of cm/ecf, ensure that you wait the alloted time before requesting a password reset.
- If you have an AOL or Hotmail email address, contact AOL and have them unblock the email.
- If you do not have an AOL email address, check your spam/junk folder for the email request.
- If the above does not resolve your issue, then you can re-register for an ecf account.
I need to locate a transcript that is not on pacer, who do I contact?
Please click here for the information on transcripts.
Where can I find information on how to update an attorney's ecf account?
Information can be found on the ECF Quick Reference Sheet for Attorneys.
I am filing a Rule 7.1 disclosure statement, what event do I use?
Corporate Disclosure Statement
I am trying to reset my ecf password, but I have not received an email, what would cause that?
Check the following
- Is the primary email address on your account correct? If you have changed firms, you will need to re-register for an ecf account. Once re-registered, you will receive a new password.
- The login id is case sensitive, enter it as it appeared on your ecf registration.
Do I need to have acrobat ( full version) in order to fill out and save the fillable pdf forms?
How do I add a case to an attorney account for monitoring only?If a registered attorney wishes to be notified of case activity in a case they are not appearing on, the attorney may send a request with their full name, ecf account login ID, and the casenumber(s) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am adding a party to a civil case, do I need update "Notice" from yes to no?
Yes, you can update it to no.
I am adding a party to a civil case, do I need to enter an email address for the party?
No, parties do not need email addresses added.