Frequently Asked Questions
Select a frequently asked question category on the left or search for a FAQ using the "Search this Site" box above.
Who may file using CM/ECF attorney case opening?Effective February 3, 2014, attorneys may electronically open and file civil cases in CM/ECF if the following conditions are met:(1) The attorney has a valid CM/ECF login and password issued by the Eastern District of New York.(2) One of the following is true:• All filing fees will be paid online with a credit card through pay.gov; or• No filing fee is required (i.e., cases filed by the U.S. government or exempted by statute).(3) The attorney is a member of the EDNY bar.(4) No motion for a temporary restraining order or order to show cause accompanies the initiating document.
How do I remove an attorney from a case?
Please refer to local rule 1.4.
I am trying to add an attorney to a case, what does this docket text mean (notification declined or already on case)?The docket text (notification declined or already on case), means:either the notification option was de-selected(notification declined) or the attorney is already representing party(s) on the case (already on case).
How do I contact if I have not received my confirmation email for my ecf account registration?
Please contact the CM/ECF Registration Help Desk (718) 613-2312
I forgot my ecf login id and password, how can I retrieve the information?
Please re-register for an ecf account.
I sometimes do not see the CAPTCHA box, how can I correct this?
To delete cookies, cache, etc
Tools - Internet Options - General - Browsing History - Delete - select ( Temporary Internet Files and Cookies), then click on Delete, Press OK. Close all the browser sessions then open the browser.
Tools - Options - Privacy - Settings - make sure that Cookies, Cache and Browsing History are all selected, press OK, then select Clear history when Firefox closes, Press OK. Close all the browser sessions then open the browser.
1. From the Tools menu, or the Tools drop-down in the upper right, choose Internet options.
2. Click the Security tab, and then click Custom Level... .
3. Scroll to the "Scripting" section of the list. For "Active Scripting", click Enable.
4. Click OK, and confirm if prompted.
5. Close and restart your browser
1. From the Tools menu, or the Tools drop-down in the upper right, choose options.
3. Click OK, and confirm if prompted.4. Close and restart your browserWhen this message displays: "CAPTCHA session reuse attack detected" or you don't see the CAPTCHA box, click Refresh in the browser.When the Security Warning message appears, you must click No. This allows the CAPTCHA box to display - because the CAPTCHA box is not delivered securely through HTTPS. If you click Yes, you will prevent the CAPTCHA box from displaying.
If this persists, file your documents in hard copy with the clerks office.
Who do I contact to request a name change on my ecf account and admission record?
Please contact the attorney admissions department at (718) 613-2285 or (631) 712-6030.
Who do I contact if I have questions on courtroom technology?
Arrangements to use one or more items can be made with the respective courtroom deputy.
Questions regarding the equipment can be directed to (718) 613-2290.
Where can I locate the transcript rates?
The transcript rates are located on the transcript information page.
Who do I contact if I am having problems with e-juror?
If you experience problems with ejuror, please contact the Jury Section at (800) 587-6775.