Frequently Asked Questions
Select a frequently asked question category on the left or search for a FAQ using the "Search this Site" box above.
What login id do I use when I click on the document link in my ecf notification of electronic filing?
If you received the login page as a result of a link from a Notice of Electronic Filing email:
Enter your CM/ECF filer login and password. The system prompts customers for a CM/ECF login and password when attempting to view certain types of documents.
If you have trouble viewing a document:
After successful entry of your CM/ECF login, you should be able to view the document. If you receive the message "You do not have permission to view this document," viewing the document is restricted to attorneys of record in the case and the system does not recognize you as such. If the login prompt appears again, after you have entered your CM/ECF login and password, it means that the "free look" link has expired. You will need to enter your PACER login and password to view the document.
I received an email notification that does not provide a hyperlink to the document number. Is this an error?
No. If there is no pdf for the order. This is sometimes called an "electronic order" or "endorsed order". The entry (docket text) is the order.
How do I register for an ECF account?
Click here for the online ecf login and password registration form.
If I have an ECF filing account in another District, will it work in the EDNY?
No, you must register in each ecf court.
Are there any special settings for file sizes in Adobe 6.0?
Yes, please read the below recommendations.
PREPARING THE DOCUMENT:
- Reminder: do not use the PDF Creator that is a part of the Corel Suite.
- Set Adobe PDF Writer as the default printer BEFORE opening the document.
- Before printing, perform a "File --> Save As" and save the document as a normal document. This cleans the document and gets rid of any embedded code that might be lingering due to editing, but that is not visible in the actual document.
- Minimize the number of different fonts used in the document. We suggest you set the default font to Courier (NOT Courier New or Times New Roman or any other TrueType font). So far, tests have shown that using True Type fonts drastically increases the size of the document. Set the default font by going to "File --> Document --> Default Font."
- The CM/ECF Project Team recommends a 200x200 dpi resolution. A higher resolution appears to dramatically increase the file size. Because Adobe Acrobat is often used for publishing, some of the standard settings have a 1200x1200 resolution.
- When you print the document, click on the "Details" tab in the "Print" window, change the "Resolution" to "200x200," then un-check the following check boxes (if they were checked when you entered the window): "Print in color" and "Print text only." Note: this hint does not apply to WordPerfect 10 users who do not have the "Details" tab.
I have a MAC, can I still participate in ECF?
I am a registered ECF Attorney - in order to view the docket sheet for my cases - do I need a PACER account as well?
YES. ECF is for FILING only. PACER is for VIEWING and PRINTING.
Whom do I call regarding CM/ECF software requirements?
Call the Systems Department Help Desk at (718)613-2290
Is there a way to limit the number of e-mail notifications (NEFs) received per day by an Attorney?
Counsel has the option to receive an e-mail as each filing is made, or to receive only one summary listing of all e-filings at the end of each day. To request a change in this option, send e-mail to email@example.com
Whichever option is selected, Counsel must check e-mail notification for document filings and other case-related information.
How do I access an ECF case docket sheet online with PACER?
Go to Court Website - www.nyed.uscourts.gov - Then to Live ECF/PACER Database; Enter PACER login and password; Click on Reports; Click on Docket Sheet - enter case number. To register for a PACER Account: Go to Pacer Website: http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov OR Call Pacer Service Center - (800)676-6856 or (210)301-6440